AIL LET 2021: The law entrance exam conducted by Army Institute of Law (AIL), Mohali, Punjab, is known as AIL LET. AIL is run by AWES, and affiliated to Punjabi University. AIL LET 2021 will be conducted for admission in academic session 2021-2022. This exam is for candidates who want to pursue BA LLB. The institute also offers admission in LLM course. There are 200 MCQs framed on topics like mental ability, general knowledge and current affairs, law aptitude and general english. Admission of candidates belonging to Army as well as All India Category is done on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. Check more information about AIL LET 2021 here including exam date, application form, syllabus, eligibility criteria, registration process, etc.
AIL LET 2021
Official notification on Army Institute of Law’s Law Entrance Test is expected to be announced in April.
AIL LET 2021 application form will be released online, in April.
Candidates can refer AIL LET 2021 syllabus to start their preparations.
Courses offered: Army Institute of Law is in Punjab. The institute offers 5 year BA LLB and 1 year LLM course.
Note – Last year, AIL LET was only held for admission in BA LLB courses. The admission in LLM was granted on the basis of qualifying exam and fulfilling of the eligibility criteria. The details for AIL LET 2021 shall be out soon and latest admission process for both the courses will become clear.
AIL LET 2021 Exam Date and Other Important Dates
Check the expected timeline for AIL LET 2021 from the table below.
|AIL LET 2021||Dates|
|Availability of application form||3rd week of Apr 2021|
|Last date to submit the form for Army and All India|
|3rd week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with an additional late fee||4th week of May 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||1st week of Jun 2021|
|Exam date||2nd week of Jun 2021|
|Declaration of the result||3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||3rd week of Jul 2021|
AIL LET 2021 Syllabus
Test takers need to know the topics to study, which are mentioned in the syllabus. As per past year papers, the anticipated syllabus is as follows:
- Legal Current Affairs: Amendments, New Acts, Bills or Ordinance
- Landmark Judgments
- Legal Terms
- Fact and Principle-Based questions: Basics of Indian Constitution, Law of Contract, IPR, Law of Torts etc
- Other Current Affairs Related to Law
- Basic Grammar
- One-word substitution
- Spotting errors
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Correct Spellings
- Sentence completion
- Venn Diagrams
- Blood Relation
- Series Completion
- Direction Sense Test
- Completion of Series etc
- Indian Forces related current news – Military exercises of India, New Missiles tested etc
- International Treaties & Bilateral Agreements
- National news
- Art and Literature
- About Important Monuments and facts related to them
- International organizations – Current news and their history
- International news
AIL LET 2021 Exam Pattern
- AIL Law Entrance Test is an online exam.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- The test comprises of multiple-choice questions.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- There are 4 sections in the test
- There are total 200 questions in the test. Each section carries 50 questions.
- Each question is of 01 marks. No negative marking is there in case of wrong answers.
The distribution of questions and marks in the exam is as follows:
|Subject||Total Qs.||Total Marks|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||50|
Books Recommended to Prepare for AIL LET 2021
Check the books given below to prepare for AIL LET 2021.
|Objective General English||Buy Here|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2021||Buy Here|
|Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2021||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude Workbook||Buy Here|
AIL LET 2021 Application Form
The online-application-cum-admission form is released online at ail.ac.in. Before filling the application form, make sure that documents like previous qualifying exam mark sheets and scanned images of photograph and signature are ready.
Application Process for BA LLB
- Firstly, go to the official website, ail.ac.in and the go to the registration tab.
- Next, register by providing the details name, category, date of birth, mobile number, email id etc.
- Once the registration is done, the application number and password are sent.
- Next, login and enter the details in the form. Also, upload the required documents.
- Then, select the test city preference and pay the application fee.
- Lastly, check the payment status.
Last year, LLM application-cum-admission form was released in the Google Docs. Given below are the steps to fill LLM application form.
- Firstly, go to the official website and click on the relevant link of LLM application form.
- Then, upload the photograph.
- Next, enter the required details like name, date of birth, gender, aadhar number etc. Also, enter the address and educational details.
- Then, pay the application fee and fill other details asked.
- Lastly, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Application Fee: The amount given below is according to last year’s details
|BA LLB without late fee||Rs 3000|
|BA LLB with late fee||Rs 4000|
|LLM without late fee||Rs 2500|
|LLM with late fee||Rs 3000 (Rs 2500 + 500)|
Mode of payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
AIL LET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria given below for AIL LET 2021.
For BA LLB
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent exam recognized by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Also, the candidates must have secured minimum 45% in 10+2.
- The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam in 2021 are eligible to take the test provisionally.
Who is not eligible?
The candidates who have done 10+2 through open university systems without having any basic qualification to pursue such studies are not eligible for admission.
The candidates passing the compartment papers of 10+2 shall also not be eligible even if the seat is available.
If, in case, an applicant has passed a degree / examination whose degree has not been considered equivalent to Punjabi University, Patiala, such candidates have to produce eligibility certificate from Patiala University, at the time of the interview.
The candidates whose declaration of the result is delayed must apply in well to the concerned board of examination to forward the confidential result to the Principal of Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab. Delayed receipt of result means the candidate is ineligible for admission.
Criteria for Wards of Army Personnel
The applicant must fall under any of the following criteria
Army Personnel (Certificate No.1)
- Wards of serving Army Personnel with at least 10 years of continuous service in the Army.
- Wards ex-army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, discharge, demise, release medical board / invalided medical board. This also includes wards of the recruits who are medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or release after 10 years of service.
Adopted / Step-Ward and Ward of Re-married Widows (Certificate No II)
- Adopted child of Army Personnel (if adopted) at least 5 years before taking admission.
- Step wards are also eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for All India Civil Category Other Than Punjab Residents
- The applicants must be citizen of India or persons of India Origin who intend to settle permanently in India and have obtained citizenship before admission to AIL.
Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Punjab Residents Civil Category
- Admission for Children of Punjab Residents Civil category shall be done by Guru Nanak Dev University.
Eligibility Criteria for LLM
- In order to pursue LLM, the candidates must have secured minimum 55% marks in BA LLB (5 years) or LLB (3 years).
AIL LET 2021 Admit Card
AIL issues the admit card for Law Entrance Test (LET) online at ail.ac.in. The candidates can download AIL LET 2021 admit card by entering their user id and password.
- It is necessary to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam centre.
- The candidates can check various details related to the exam from AIL LET admit card such as exam timings, reporting time, address of the exam centre, instructions for the exam etc.
AIL LET 2021 Exam Centres
Check the list of AIL LET test centres given below.
The list is as per last year’s details.
The candidates are required to select the test city while filling AIL LET 2021 application form.
|Bhopal||Chandigarh / Mohali||Bhubaneshwar|
|Hissar||Jaipur||Hyderabad / Secunderabad|
AIL LET 2021 Result
Army Institute of Law announces the result for LET online. To check the result, the candidates have to enter their registration id and password. Following details are mentioned in AIL LET result.
- Candidate’s name
- Application number
- Roll number
- Total marks obtained in AIL LET
- Category rank
- All India Rank
- Qualifying status
The official authority also releases the merit list after the declaration of the result. It comprises of all the names who have qualified the exam.
AIL 2021 Admission Process
Check the admission process for AIL given below.
Information given below is according to the last year’s details.
- Admission to 60 seats for wards of army personnel is done through Online Law Entrance Test conducted by AIL.
- Admission to 04 seats in All India Category is also done through Online Law Entrance Test.
- The candidates for both Army and All India Category shall be called for counselling according to the merit in the entrance exam.
- Admission to 16 seats in the Punjab category shall be based on 10+2 merit as drawn by the Punjabi University as per the notification issued by the Govt. of Punjab.
- Also, note that after getting clearance from the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar on the basis of counselling, the physical presence of the candidates at the time of admission is also necessary.
AIL LET 2021 Counselling
The candidates who qualify AIL Law Entrance Test (LET) are then required to take part in the counselling process. Generally, the institute conducts the admission process via offline mode. But, last year the 1st counselling rounds for BA LLB and LLM were held via Google Meet.
Online Counselling Process
- The candidates have to first appear for counselling as per their merit number on the specified date and time
- Next, the candidates have to submit the scanned copy of the original documents via email to the official authority mentioning their name and application number.
- The candidates are offered admission are then required to deposit the admission fee.
Offline Counselling Process
- The 2nd counselling for BA LLB course was held in the offline mode.
- The candidates whose names appeared in the merit list had to report to AIL with the necessary documents.
- Lastly, they had to pay the fee.
AIL LET 2021 Seat Intake
Check the seat intake given below for AIL LET 2021.
Distribution of seats is as per last year’s information
AIL LET 2021 Seat Intake for BA LLB and LLM
|Wards of Army Personnel||60||12|
|Punjab Resident Civil Category||16||2|
|All India Civil Categories||4||1|
AIL 2021 Fee Structure
Check the fee structure for BA LLB and LLM courses given below.
Amount given below is according to the last year’s information
|Particulars||BA LLB (Army category)||BA LLB (Civil category)||LLM|
|Refundable Security||Rs 15000||Rs 20000||Rs 10000|
|Alumni & Convocation||Rs 3834||Rs 3834||–|
|Non-Refundable (College)||Rs 19095||Rs 19095||–|
|Code of Conduct||Rs 63||Rs 63||–|
|Total||Rs 37992||Rs 42992||Rs 10000|
|Tuition Fee||Rs 56313||Rs 64804||Rs 86690|
|Admission fee||Rs 6275||Rs 8668||Rs 6874|
|Building fee||Rs 2567||Rs 3895||Rs 8403|
|IT Fee||Rs 9013||Rs 11060||Rs 9013|
|Library fee||Rs 7684||Rs 9624||Rs 7722|
|Magazine & Journal||Rs 902||Rs 902||Rs 917|
|Academic Fee||Rs 1142||Rs 1892||–|
|Games & Sports||Rs 947||Rs 1419||–|
|University Fee||Rs 7640||Rs 7640||Rs 7640|
|Institutional Growth Facilitation Fee||Rs 11573||Rs 17360||Rs 17360|
|Group Insurance||Rs 120||Rs 120||Rs 120|
|Total Annual Charges||Rs 104176||Rs 127384||Rs 144739|
|Refundable Security||Rs 13000||Rs 18000||–|
|Hostel fee||Rs 13108||Rs 20531||–|
|Allied Fee||Rs 8555||Rs 8555||–|
|Non-Refundable (Hostel)||Rs 8912||Rs 8912||–|
|Messing & Washerman||Rs 49840||Rs 49840||–|
|Total Hostel Fee||Rs 93415||Rs 105838||–|
|Grand Total Fee||Rs 235583||Rs 276214||Rs 154739|
- Click here to check AIL scholarship details.
About Army Law Institute
Army Law Institute (AIL) is a private un-aided institute that was established in the year 1999 by the Indian Army. The institute is affiliated with Punjabi University, Patiala. It is also apprived by the Bar Council of India. The institute offers BA LLB and LLM course.
It follows the motto, ‘Aspire and Achieve’. The institute has grown into a centre of excellence in the field of legal education. Some of its aims and objective are:
- Impart high quality legal education and professional training to its students
- Enable the students to pursue a career at the Bar, Judicial Services, Civil Services etc
- AIL was ranked at 14th position in Top 40 law colleges by India Today
- It was ranked at 17th position among Law India Colleges by The Week’s
Official Website: ail.ac.in
ARMY INSTITUTE OF LAW
SECTOR 68, MOHALI, INDIA
Ph.: 0172-5095336-338 Fax : 0172-5039280
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates can check more information on AIL LET exam from last year’s information brochure – Download here.
Frequently Asked Questions on AIL LET 2021
Ans. You can fill AIL LET 2021 application form online at ail.ac.in.
Ans. AIL LET is held for the admission into BA LLB course.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the test.
Ans. In the test, multiple-choice questions are asked in the test.
Ans. No, AIL will not send the admit card via post. You can download it via online mode only.
Ans. You can check AIL LET by entering the registration id and password.
Ans. The candidates belonging to both Army and All India Category are called for counselling are called as per the merit in the online entrance test.