AIBE 2022 – AIBE stands for All India Bar Examination (AIBE). It is a national-level law entrance exam that is conducted by the Bar Council of India. It is conducted for the candidates who want law graduates who want to practice in a court of law. The candidates can fill the registration form in Online mode on the official website i.e. allindiabarexamination.com. The minimum qualification to appear in this 3 or 5 year LLB graduates from a recognized institute. In this article, you will find, about the application form, exam pattern, syllabus, exam preparation, result, etc.
The schedule for AIBE 2022 is yet to be released. For the information for the candidates, expected dates have been mentioned below. These dates are as per last year’s schedule.
|Important Events||Last year dates|
|Application form starts||4th week of December 2021|
|Application form ends(last date)||4th week of September 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of October 2022|
|Date of examination||4th week of October 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of November 2022|
- Exam Date
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- How to Prepare ?
- Best Book
Expected Exam Dates of AIBE 2022
The expected exam week and month of MGU CAT 2022 is the 4th week of October 2022. Exam week and months for the last 5 years are given below so you may get the idea of it.
|2021||23rd October 2021|
|2020||8th November 2020|
|2019||15th September 2019|
|2018||3rd December 2018|
|2017||3rd December 2017|
Overview of AIBE 2022
Here is the Overview of AIBE 2022 –
|Particulars of AIBE 2022||Details|
|Full-Form||All India Bar Examination (AIBE)|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Level of Exam||National level exam|
|Who can apply||3 or 5 year LLB graduates from a recognized institute|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based exam|
|Exam Date||to be announced|
|Total Questions||100 questions|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Mode of Question Paper||Assamese, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, English, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Punjabi|
|Marks Per Question||1 mark|
AIBE 2022 Eligibility
The Eligibility criterion tells whether you are eligible or not to apply for the exam. So, the Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criterion –
- Nationality – The Candidates should be citizens of India.
- Educational Qualification– Candidates should have a three or five year LLB degree from a recognised Institute or University.
- Age Limit – There is no upper or lower age limit for applying for this exam. Any candidate of any age can apply for this.
- Marking – There is no Minimium marks or percentage required for applying for thsi examination.
- Number of Attempts – There is no limit on the number of attempts for this examination. The Candidates can appear number of times for this exam.
- Enrollment – Registration with a State Bar Council is mandatory. One should enroll themselves as advocates with their State Bar Councils, under Section 24 (1) (f) of Advocates Act, 1961.
AIBE 2022 Exam Pattern
The Bar Council of India is still yet to release the exam pattern for AIBE 2022. The candidates can refer to the following exam pattern mentioned below. This exam pattern is based on information available for last year.
- Total Questions – 100 questions
- Duration of test – 3 Hours 30 minutes
- Type of Questions – Multiple choice Questions
- Marks given in Correct Answer – 1 Mark
- Negative Marking – No negative marking
- Mode of Exam – Online
- Medium of Language- Assamese, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, English, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Punjabi
- Number of Sections- 19
|Subjects||No. of questions||No. of Marks|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8||8|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional|
Misconduct under BCI rules
|Labour & Industrial Laws||4||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and|
Consumer Protection Law
|Law related to Taxation||4||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws,|
Negotiable Instrument Act
|Land Acquisition Act||2||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2||2|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
Download AIBE Syllabus – Click Here to download AIBE 2022 Syllabus.
AIBE 2022 Books
Books are very important to prepare for any examination and also score some good marks. The Candidates can refer to the few books listed below-
|Books and Authors||Buying Link|
|AIBE – Guide To All India Bar Examination – Conducted By The Bar Council Of India by Universal’s||Click here|
|Civil Practice and Procedure Manual by Sarkar’s||Click here|
|Criminal Manual by Universal’s||Click here|
|Central Law Agency All India Bar Examination (AIBE) Guide by SM Ranjan and PK Jain||Click here|
|The Constitution of India Bare Act with short notes by Bare Act||Click here|
|Constitution of India by Durga DasBasu||Click here|
|Public International Law by Vk Ahuja||Click here|
|Company Law and Practice by AK Majumdar/Dr. GK Kapoor||Click here|
|Human Rights by HO Agarwal||Click here|
|AIBE Solved papers (2011-2019) by Lovedeep Bangia||Click here|
|Law Exam Times by PK Pandey||Click here|
|AIBE – Guide To All India Bar Examination by Prof. Dr. Rega Surya Rao||Click here|
|All India Bar Examination Solved papers by Thakkar||Click here|
|Ready Reference Book All India Bar Examination Guide 2021 Edition by Shambhu Prasad Choudhary||Click here|
|All India Bar Examination – Previous Years Solved Papers by Whitesmann||Click here|
AIBE 2022 Preparation Tips
The tips and strategies are very important to crack any exam. So, here are a few preparation tips that will to score a better score –
- Make a proper time-table devoting the maximum amount of time to the topics which are of more weightage as it will help to score better marks.
- The Syllabus consists many topics so it is advisable to take some time to analyse each topic and see your weak spots.
- The important thing is to be consistent while studying for the exam. Consistency will play a very important role.
- Some of the important topics are Constitutional Law, Criminal Procedure Code, Code of Civil Procedure, Indian Penal Code, Evidence Act, Family Law and Law of Contract, Specific Relief, etc. so try to focus more on these topics and try to cover it.
- Except the books given above, you can refer to Department of Justice website i.e. doj.gov.in.
- As there is no negative marking, try to solve as many questions as it will increase the chance of fetching more marks.
- Solve previous year question papers and try to specially solve the difficult questions to have a thorough practice as difficult law case studies comes in the exam.
- Choose the right study material which will benefit you in the exam.
AIBE 2022 Cut-Off
The Cut-off is given category-wise. The Candidates can refer to the following data which is according to last year’s data.
|Category||Minimum qualifying percentage||Qualifying marks (Out of 100)|
|Candidates with disability||5% less than the general cut-off||5% less than the general cut-off|
AIBE 2022 Application Form
The Candidates can fill the application form online through the official website –
How to Apply for the Application Form?
The application form has to be filled Online by the following steps mentioned below-
- 1st Step: Visit the official website.
- 2nd Step: Registration –
- Click on the registration link.
- Enter the enrollment number and state and click on ‘accept’ button.
- 3rd Step: Fill all the details in the application form-
- Fill all the personal information like – name of the candidate, gender, Father’s name, date of birth, Permenent address, etc.
- Then fill the education and enrollment – name of the college, course duration of LLB, graduation stream, etc.
- 4th Step: Fill the center choice –
- Fill your choice of exam center, you can select three preferences of your choice.
- Select choice of language of the exam.
- 5th Step: Upload the documents like photgraph, signature, self attested enrollment certificate and self attested photo id. Then click on nect button.
- 6th Step: The password and the OTP will be sent to your email-id and mobile number. Then enter your registration id, password and the OTP code and click on ‘submit’ button.
- 7th Step: Pay the application fees-
- Here you have two options – pay now or pay later.
- If you have to pay now then you can pay it by offline through SBI challan or online through debit card, credit card or net banking.
- 8th Step: Submit it and download the application form for future preference.
AIBE 2022 Application fees
- The Application fees can be paid online through debit card, credit card and net banking.
- Or, it can be paid in offline by submitting the bank challan at any branch of State Bank of India.
|General/OBC||Rs 3560/-( including 60 Rs bank charges)|
|SC/ST||Rs 2560/-( including 60 Rs bank charges)|
- The photograph should be a recent one.
- The photgraph should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The Signature should be clearly visible.
- It should be also in JPG/JPEG format.
|Self-Attested Photo Id||JPG/JPEG||50KB-500KB|
What are the documents required for AIBE 2022?
- Self-attested copy of photo id proof
- Enrollment certificate
AIBE 2022 Admit Card
The Candidates can download the AIBE 2022 admit card from the official website. The steps to download it are mentioned below-
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the ‘AIBE Admit Card’
- Login through the Application Number and Date of Birth.
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- You can save and download it and take a printout of it.
Details needed to get admit card are-
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
Details mentioned in the admit card –
- Name of the Candidate
- Application Number
- Date and timings of the examination
- Photograph and Signature
- Test center details
- Important Instructions
Things to be carried with admit card are –
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driver’s License
- Advocate Enrollment ID with State Bar Council
AIBE 2022 Answer Key
The Candidates can download their AIBE 2022 answer key online from the official website. The candidates can refer to the following steps to download the answer key.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the answer key.
- Now select the set code by clicking on it.
- The Answer key will be displayed on the screen.
- Now download the answer key and match your answers.
Objections to the Answer Key of AIBE 2022 –
If you suspect an error in the answer key, you should report to the Bar Council of India as soon as you know. candidates needed to write an email to [email protected] You should mention –
- Give the incorrect answer which you think is wrong.
- Give the reason of why it is wrong.
- Attach reference documents which will act as a proof to your argument.
It should be sent before the time limit given and there will be no objection fees.
AIBE 2022 Result
The candidates can refer to the following information to download the AIBE result –
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the result link.
- You can enter –
- Roll number/Registration number/Mobile number
- Date of Birth
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- You can now download and save the result.
The AIBE Score-card will have the following information –
- Name of the candidate
- Roll Number of the candidate
- Result status
- Date of birth
AIBE 2022 Counselling
After the exam is qualified by the cut-off set, the candidates will be issued a Certificate of Practice. This certificate is very important as without it you will not be allowed to practice law in India. You can take the certificate through the Online mode by the AIBE 2022 admit card and Receipt of fee payment.
AIBE 2022 About the Bar Council of India
The Bar Council of India is a statutory body created by Parliament which regulates the legal practice and legal education in India. It was established under section 4 of the Advocates Act 1961. Its headquarters is in New Delhi. The Bar Council of India consists of 18 Members. The Chairman of it is Manan Kumar Mishra. It has various committees like Legal Education Committee, Advocate Welfare Association, etc.
FAQs about AIBE 2022
The Bar Council of India conducts AIBE 2022 exam.
The mode of the application form is Online Mode.
The duration of the AIBE Exam is 3 hours 30 minutes.
One mark is awarded for the right answer and no negative marking for the wrong or unattempted answer.
The format of the signature is JPG/JPEG and the file size is 10KB-50KB.
The Candidates can download the application from the official website.
The Registration Number and the Date of Birth are needed to download the admit card of AIBE 2022.
It is conducted once or twice a year.
The questions are objective-type questions.
Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driver’s License, or advocate Enrollment ID with State Bar Council is needed to be carried with the admit card of AIBE 2022.
It is usually of a moderate level.