Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University (AGRAU) conducts Agriculture Common Entrance Test (AGRICET) to fill seats in B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture degree course, in the state of Andhra Pradesh. AGRICET 2021 is expected to be held in the month of July 2021. Candidates who have completed 2 year diploma course in agriculture, seed technology or organic farming can apply for the exam. It is a 1.30 minutes exam, in which candidates have to solve question on 120 MCQ type questions. Know more details on AGRICET 2021 from below.
The candidates who qualify AGRICET are granted admission in the University Agricultural Colleges of AGRAU and affiliated Agricultural Colleges. There are 180+ seats in the state. Check important dates for AGRICET 2021 from below.
AGRICET 2021 Dates
|AGRICET 2021||Important Dates|
|Availability of application form||1st week of Jun 2021|
|Last date to submit the form (without late fee)||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Last date to submit the form (with late fee)||4th week of Jun 2021|
|Editing of application form can be done from||to be announced|
|Issuance of the admit card||2nd week of Jul 2021|
|AGRICET 2021 exam date||3rd week of Jul 2021|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of Sep 2021|
AGRICET 2021 Exam Date (Expected)
Last year, AGRICET was held in month of November. However, usually, it is held in July. Hence, it is expected that now that things are coming to normal, AGRICET 2021 will be held in July.
Check past year AGRICET exam dates from below.
|Years||Previous Years AGRICET Exam Dates|
AGRICET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of AGRICET is as prescribed by ANGRAU to diploma courses in Agriculture, Seed Technology and Organic Farming. Check the syllabus given below.
|AGRICET Agriculture Syllabus||AGRICET Seed Tech Syllabus||AGRICET Organic Farming Syllabus|
|Principles of Agronomy||Principles of Agronomy||Principles of Agriculture Science|
|Soil Chemistry and Fertility||Seed Production of Field and Vegetable Crops||Organic Seed Production|
|Basic Principles of Plant Breeding and Plant Technology||Crop Production||Science of Thousands-Tablets|
|Primary and Basic Chemistry||Seed Legislation and Certification||Organic Crop Production|
|Principles of Entomology and Productive Entomology||Botany of Field and Horticultural Crops||Comprehensive pest Management in various Crops|
|Communication Skills||Seed Production of Fruit, Power and Plantation Crops||Horticultural Crops – Organic Ownership Practices|
|Principles of Plant Pathology||Introduction to Communication Skills in English||Organic Manure-Soil Health Ecosystem|
|Manures and Fertilizers||Seed Quality Testing||Sustainable and Nature Farming Practices|
|Pests of Crops and Their Management||Principles of Seed Production||Organic and Living Fertilizers|
|For complete syllabus click here||For complete syllabus click here||For complete syllabus click here|
AGRICET 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the exam pattern given below for AGRICET 2021.
Last year, AGRICET was conducted as a socially distanced computer-based test. The candidates had to wear a mask, being a pair of gloves, personal hand sanitizer, transparent water bottle, a simple pen, other necessary documents.
The below given exam pattern has been been provided as per last year
- Mode of the examination: AGRICET is a computer-based test
- Duration of the exam: The duration of the test is 1.5 hours
- Medium of the entrance test: The question paper is available in Telugu language
- Type of questions: The exam is objective in nature which means it consists of multiple-choice questions
- No. of questions: There are 120 questions in the test
- Marking Scheme: Each question is of 01 mark.
Important Books for AGRICET 2021
Check the books listed below to prepare for AGRICET 2021.
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2020(Old Edition)||Click here to buy|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Pravesh Pariksha 2021||Click here to buy|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2020 Book||Click here to buy|
|QUESTION BANK ON AGRICULTURE FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMS||Click here to buy|
Preparation Tips for AGRICET 2021
Check the preparation tips given below for AGRICET 2021.
- First of all, go through the syllabus prescribed by ANGRAU carefully. Check all the important topics and units.
- Next, prepare a time table and give proper time slots to each unit or topic. Mention the break time, hours of study that have to be devoted etc in this time table. Make the time table in such a way that it can be followed till a day before the exam.
- Before starting with the preparation, have a quick glance at the exam pattern of AGRICET.
- Practice previous years question papers as many as you can. This will enable you to increase the speed and accuracy to solve the questions. Make sure to set a timer while sitting to solve the questions.
- Keep on revising the topics that you will study side by side. Make it a habit of revising the topics again and again in order to remember the important topics.
AGRICET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding to fill AGRICET 2021 application form, the candidates are required to meet all the eligibility requirements specified by the official authority.
- The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31 December 2021.
Upper Age Limit
- The upper age limit for all the candidates is 22 years.
- For SC / ST candidates, the upper age limit is 25 years.
- For PH candidates, the upper age limit is 27 years.
- The candidates must have passed 2 year Diploma in Agriculture / Seed Technology / Organic Farming from ANGRAU or PJTSAU.
AGRICET 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill AGRICET 2021 application form at angrau.ac.in. The application form can be filled via online mode only. However, the hard copy of the online submitted application form has to be sent to the university after its submission. AGRICET 2021 application process is given below.
Step 1: Fee Payment – First of all, the candidates have to pay the application fee first. Without the payment of the application fee, the candidates cannot fill the application form. Here, the candidates are required to enter their name, email id, contact number, category, payment type etc.
Step 2: Know the Payment Status: Before proceeding with filling AGRICET 2021 application form, make sure to check the payment status.
Step 3: Fill the Application Form – Next, fill the application form. The candidates have to enter their payment reference id, mobile number, date of birth to fill the form. After entering these details, enter all the other required details.
Step 4: Upload the images – After filling the details in the application form, upload the images of the photograph and signature in the required format.
Step 5: Print the application form – Once all the above-mentioned steps are complete, take a printout of the application form.
Application Fee: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
(Amount given below is according to the last year’s information)
|Category (without late fee)||Amount|
|SC / ST / PH||Rs 600|
|Application Fee (with late fee)|
|SC / ST/ PH||Rs 1800|
AGRICET 2021 Admit Card
Check the important points related to AGRICET 2021 admit card given below.
- AGRICET 2021 admit card is released for all the candidates who have successfully submitted the application form.
- The candidates can download AGRICET 2021 admit card from angrau.ac.in.
- To download AGRICET 2021 hall ticket, the candidates need to enter their payment id, registration number, mobile number and date of birth in the login window.
- It is important to carry the printed copy of the admit card along with a valid id proof to the exam centres, Without having a valid id admit card, one cannot enter the exam centre.
- The admit card displays the date and timings of the exam, reporting time, exact address of the exam centre etc.
Note: If the image of the photograph / signature is not clear or missing from the AGRICET 2021 admit card, paste your passport size passport size photograph / signature in the prescribed area duly attested by Gazetted Officer with seal. Hand over the copy of the admit card to the invigilator.
AGRICET 2021 Exam Centres
Check the list of the exam centres for AGRICET 2021 given below.
List given below is as per last year’s information
|AGRICET 2021 Exam Centres|
Important Instructions for AGRICET 2021
The candidates are required to follow the instructions given below on the day of the examination.
- The exact reporting time for the examination will be mentioned on AGRICET 2021 admit card and candidates need to appear on time. The candidates shall be allowed to enter the examination hall 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Until the whole duration of the exam is over, the candidates are not allowed to leave the exam centre.
- The candidates are not required to carry mobile phones, log tables, loose papers or any electronic devices inside the examination hall.
- If the candidates bring their mobile phones to the exam centre then, the same has to be deposited at the entry point. It can be collected while leaving the exam centre.
- Follow all the instructions mentioned on the question paper else the answer script shall not be valued.
- Any kind of unfair means and impersonation during the test shall be treated as unfair means and the candidate shall be liable for invalidation of their answer script.
AGRICET 2021 Qualifying Marks
In order to be considered as ‘Qualified’ in AGRICET 2021, the candidates need to secure the following marks.
|Category||Minimum percentage required||Marks needed out of 120|
|Unreserved category||25%||30 marks|
Note: No minimum qualifying marks are prescribed by the official authority for the candidates belonging to SC / ST category.
AGRICET 2021 Result
Check the important points related to AGRICET 2021 result.
- The candidates can check AGRICET 2021 result at angrau.ac.in.
- The result is declared in the form of a merit list.
- The merit list is prepared according to the marks secured in the entrance test.
- The candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to appear for counselling.
If two or more candidates secure same combined score in AGRICT 2021, then the following tie-breaking criteria will be followed:
- First of all, marks in AGRICET 2021 will be considered
- Next, the marks in the qualifying exam shall be considered
- Then, SSC Overall Grade point is taken into account
- If the tie is still there, then the date of birth of the candidates is concerned. The older candidates will be given preference.
AGRICET 2021 Seat Reservation Criteria
The seat reservation will be as per the rules of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. The seats are allocated as per the following reservation criteria.
AGRICET 2021 Seat Intake
Check the seat intake for AGRICET 2021 (Supernumerary seats).
|Institutions||Agriculture||Seed Technology||Organic Farming||Total|
|University Agricultural Colleges||97||13||01||112|
|Affiliated Agricultural Colleges||62||08||02||72*|
Out of these *72 seats under affiliated Agricultural colleges, 65% of the seats shall be filled by the Convener Quota at the time of counselling. Remaining 35% of the seats shall be filled by the Management of affiliated agricultural colleges (From the merit list obtained from the AGRICET 2021 examination.
Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University is a public university situated in Guntur city, Andhra Pradesh. The university was established in the year 12 June 1964. It was inaugurated by Lal Bahadur Shastri, former president of India. The university has 11 colleges in total.
Ranking: According to ICAR, the status of ANGRAU is at 27 (data of 2017-18).
Its mission is to provide:
- provide opportunities to the state and country in the field of agriculture
- establish needed infrastructure to conduct location specific research in the field of agriculture and allied sciences
- provide opportunities for rural youth and women to adopt agro-based technologies
- generate technologies to improve the farm production and income to the farmers
Official website: angrau.ac.in
THE CONVENER – AGRICET-2020
O/o the Associate Director of Research, Regional Agricultural Research Station
Nandyal-518 502, Kurnool District, A.P.
HELP LINE TECHNICAL: ( 10.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M on all working days)
Mobile No: 7032183796 OR 80081049771
E-Mail : email@example.com
Mobile No: 8008104977 Polytechnic section, ANGRAU
For more information about AGRICET 2021, Download Last Year’s Information Brochure
Frequently Asked Questions for AGRICET 2021
Ans. The official website for AGRICET 2021 is angrau.ac.in.
Ans. AGRICET is conducted as a computer-based test.
Ans. AGRICET is conducted in the districts of Andhra Pradesh only.
Ans. A total of 120 questions are asked in AGRICET.
Ans. 85% of the seats are reserved for the local candidates whereas, 15% of the seats are reserved for the unreserved quota.
Ans. No, you can apply for AGRICET 2021 via offline mode. The application forms can be filled via online mode.
Ans. If your photograph mentioned on AGRICET 2021 admit card is blurred then, it is advised to affix a passport size photograph in the prescribed area duly attested by Gazetted Officer with seal. Bring the xeros copy of the same admit card to the exam centre.
Ans. To qualify AGRICET 2021, you need to obtain minimum 30 marks out of 120 (not applixable for SC / ST candidates).
Ans. AGRICET result is published in the form of a merit list.